(see the picture on 09/09/09 post)
Preble County Prosecuting Attorney
May 7, 2010
Martin P. Votel, Prosecuting Attorney
101 E. Main St.
Courthouse, First Floor
Eaton, OH 45320
Dear Mr. Votel,
My sister, Barbara Lochner and I are asking for assistance in determining that our father is not being physically or financially abused by Elizabeth King-Jones, our sister who has our father's POA. They are both residing in Preble County, Ohio, she at 8213 US Route 35E, West Alexandria, Ohio 45381 and we are unsure of his physical location within the county.
Our parents are/was Clarence and Athelene King (decreased January 20, 2009). Our father has vascular dementia and Alzheimer's, mother eventually died of a stroke brought on by her primary symptoms of Cortical Basal Ganglionic Degeneration (CBGD).
Elizabeth King-Jones has a history of aggressive behavior and abuse against our parents. The abuse is a combination of physical, mental and financial. This is meant as an overview of EKJ's behavior regarding our parents, culminating in mother's ad litem, based on her doctor's recommendation, contacting me to remove mother from the house she was sharing with our father and EKJ (next door) because of EKJ's threating behavior. To support this, the following is a chronological order of events including non-family third parties that can collaborate the below.
1. October, 2005 our father, Clarence King was determined to have vascular dementia. Appendix A for Dr. Summaries.
2. February, 2006 Elizabeth King-Jones drove from West Alexandria, OH, to Pennington Gap, VA and without my knowledge while living next door, took our parents to have a sole POA for our father and a co-POA with me for our mother. Appendix B is a copy of my POA for our now deceased mother (January 20, 2009).
3. May, 2007 I visited the Lee County Health and Human Services Dept in Jonesville, VA and spoke with Pamela Farr regarding my suspicion that our sister, Elizabeth King-Jones was manipulating our father. Ms. Farr responded that the only way we could control this was to gain guardianship of our father.
4. We went to court in May, 2007, when EKJ filed for guardianship and conservatorship of our mother. During that court hearing (where Elizabeth King-Jones-a resident of Ohio at the time and herself ineligible to be appointed) used a cousin as the co-guardian. Under questioning from our attorney, Elizabeth King-Jones told the court that she had our father change his will within the last 30 days to make her the sole heir, disinheriting his wife of 65+yrs and the two other children, Barbara and myself. Tammy Williams (the cousin) was appointed guardian until we could bring it back to the court a few weeks later when Barbara moved nearby from California and was made conservator and co-guardian of our mother. Appendix C and C.1 is a copy of EKJ's deposition taken in December, 2007 regarding changing the will and his mental health.
5. September, 2007: Elizabeth King-Jones, for the next 5 months, collected a total of $14,000. from our father's long-term health insurance company-money paid to provide daily health care for him-which she kept. Therefore, Barbara and I had to pay the workers -part out of our mother's checking account and part out of our personal bank accounts -current investigation by your office.
6. October, 2007: With the only car in mother's name, Barbara was able stop our father from driving because of his deteriorating condition. Elizabeth King-Jones, within 2 weeks, purchased a van with our father's money, brought it down from Ohio, and within 24 hours after being given the van he drove it through the back of the garage, a room on the back of the house, and the outside deck. He came within a foot of running over a caregiver and with inches of a tree. The neighbor who heard the commotion ran over and pulled him out of the moving van as it was going in circles in a pasture (his foot was frozen to the gas pedal). Appendix D is a picture of the aftermath.
7. October, 2007: Elizabeth King-Jones, Tammy Williams and Clarence King removed $66,000 of mother's money that was co-owned by our father, but under court oversight and opened new accounts without mother's name, thereby stripping mother of all financial assets. It took a judge's demand to her attorney to have it returned 2 months later. Appendix E email of attorney correspondence.
8. November, 2007: Elizabeth King-Jones with a duplicate set of car keys, left the parents house at 12:00AM and went next door to our property where my mother's car was being kept. She rolled the car into the middle of the road to attempt to make mother's sister(whom she would not allow to enter the house to visit my mother) think she did it accidentally. Our father admitted this to Angela Petry (276-, Pennington Gap, VA, the caregiver, and the neighbor, Misti McCowan, (276 Pennington Gap, VA 24277, that saw EKJ leave the house. There were two teenage drivers on the downside of the car position in the road who could have hit the car in the dark (no street lights, crest of a hill, high speed area). Appendix F, is a picture of the car in the road.
(see car picture on post date of 09.09.09)
9. December, 2007: Elizabeth King-Jones, without guardian's approval, removed mother from the house on a 3-hour car ride, in the winter, knowing that her diagnosis and condition was so fragile that it would be very dangerous. It was just one of a list of EKJ efforts to harm our mother. EKJ left town the next day prior to mother going to the hospital. Appendix G is Barbara's email to our attorney.
10. May, 2008 Elizabeth King-Jones, as father's POA, sent Barbara and me an email saying that father had extremely high blood pressure and congestive heart failure and could not be put under any stress, therefore, mother's 83 year old sister, and a retired RN, could not come on the property because it upset my father. Said if my aunt came on the property that she would call the sheriff. See attached. In December, 2008, 7 months after receiving the aforementioned email, EKJ took our father, on a walker, and between the two of them threw 400 bricks, which had been there 5 years, approximately 10 feet into my rear driveway because EKJ said it was on "her" property.The property is joint owned by Barbara, EKJ and myself Dad has a life estate. Within several days my father was in the Intensive Care Uniy of Lee Regional Hospital.
(see the picture on 09/09/09 post)
(see the picture on 09/09/09 post)
My aunt did go over to see her sister. My father, well into Alzheimers now and egged on by EKJ's constant programming, grabbed my aunt and threw her to the floor in front of our mother. EKJ had the sheriff come and throw her off the property. The picture of the assault was taken at the sheriff's office. (see picture Appendix H and I)
11. December, 2008 - Independent Home Healthcare, Main St., Jonesville, VA, 276-346-4420 cancelled their contract because the health aides assigned to help mother refused to go the the house because they were afraid for their safety due to EKJ's threating behavior.
12. January, 2009 - I received a call from Joe Rasnic, Main St., Jonesville, VA, 276-346-4288, mother's court-appointed ad litem, saying he had talked to Dr. Scott Litton (mother's doctor) and they wanted mother removed immediately from the house because of ekj's threating behavior or they were going to place her in a nursing home. I moved mother and caregivers to our house next door. My mother passed away there 3 weeks later.
June, 2009 - EKJ moved our father to Ohio. We found where he was in a nursing home and checked on him by phone regularly until he was moved. A worker on the phone commented that they didn't think he had any relatives as no one comes to see him. Now, we do not know where he is or what is happening. Based on EKJ's past behavior, we fear for his safety and the misuse of any remaining funds to provide for his continued care (she is sole heir).
L. Wayne King